Based in Mendoza, Argentina
June 2, 2012
Press / Business contact:
ETHEREAL is an experimental and meditative game for PC/Mac/Linux that carries players into an unknown world to solve carefully designed puzzles.
ETHEREAL is a meditative game where you have to explore and solve puzzles in a shifting world by going through walls like a ghost or by using various types of mechanisms to modify your environment. Each corner of its world has been carefully designed to communicate without any text and expose a novel puzzle to solve without time pressure, evoking an introspective state of mind.
ETHEREAL is currently under development for PC/Mac, aimed to be launched on the second half of 2017. The game is developed by Nicolás Recabarren and Tomás Batista, from Nonsense Arts, an indie game studio from Argentina.
First official trailer YouTube
Tom explaining what's the game about for Kosice Biennal YouTube
Need more pictures? If you have specific requests, please do contact us
Need more gifs? If you have specific requests, please do contact us
Awards & Recognition
- "Kosice Biennial - Special mention" - ETHEREAL was the first videogame on getting this kind of prize in this latin american event focused on digital and technological art
- "10 Most Promising Games from Argentina" - ETHEREAL was selected among 9 other titles as the most promising games from Argentina in EVA 2015
- "Second Best Project" - ETHEREAL won second place in EVA 2016, at "My first published videogame" organized by ADVA
- "Best Game - Finalist" - ETHEREAL was "Best Game of the Year" finalist at Meet The Game 2016 organized by Gamedia
- "Game Connection America 2017 - Development Awards" - Nominations in six categories, including Most Creative and Original
- "BIG Festival 2017" - Nominations in two categories, Best Sound and Best Latin American Game
- "A visual statement of art in videogames"
- Roque Rey Ordoñez, Coffee Powered Machine
- "Stop asking me for quotes, they're useless!"
- Daniel Benmergui, Daniel's website
- "I was really pleasantly surprised by the game"
- William Chyr, Manifold Garden's website
- "Finish the goddamn game already!"
- Martina Santoro, Okam Studio's website
- "The mechanics are great and the watercolor visuals are very nice"
- Lucas Pope, Lucas's website
Nonsense Arts Team
Nicolás Recabarren Da Dalt
Programmer, Game Designer, Artist
Musician, Sound Design