Based in Mendoza, Argentina
June 2, 2012
Press / Business contact:
ETHEREAL is a meditative game for PC and Mac that carries players into an unknown and mysterious world to solve carefully designed puzzles.
ETHEREAL is full of hand-crafted navigation puzzles, where you have to find your way within an intricate and abstract level, using different kinds of mechanics that allows you to modify the environment or the direction of your character movement. Each corner of its world has been carefully designed to communicate without any text and expose a novel puzzle to solve without time pressure, evoking an introspective state of mind.
ETHEREAL is going to be launched very soon, sometime around the second half of 2018 for PC and Mac. Stay tuned for more updates on our twitter account. The game is developed by Nicolás Recabarren and Tomás Batista, from Nonsense Arts, an indie game studio from Argentina.
First official trailer YouTube
Tom explaining what's the game about for Kosice Biennal YouTube
Need more pictures? If you have specific requests, please do contact us
Need more gifs? If you have specific requests, please do contact us
Awards & Recognition
- "Bienal Kosice - Special mention" - ETHEREAL was the first videogame on getting this kind of prize in this latin american event focused on digital and technological art
- "10 Most Promising Games from Argentina" - ETHEREAL was selected among 9 other titles as the most promising games from Argentina in EVA 2015
- "Second Best Project" - ETHEREAL won second place in EVA 2016, at "My first published videogame" organized by ADVA
- "Best Game - Finalist" - ETHEREAL was "Best Game of the Year" finalist at Meet The Game 2016 organized by Gamedia
- "Game Connection America 2017 - Development Awards" - Nominations in six categories, including Most Creative and Original
- "BIG Festival 2017" - Winner in the category of Best Sound. Also nominated for Best Latin American Game
- "A visual statement of art in videogames"
- Roque Rey Ordoñez, Coffee Powered Machine
- "Stop asking me for quotes, they're useless!"
- Daniel Benmergui, Daniel's website
- "I was really pleasantly surprised by the game"
- William Chyr, Manifold Garden's website
- "Finish the goddamn game already!"
- Martina Santoro, Okam Studio's website
- "The mechanics are great and the watercolor visuals are very nice"
- Lucas Pope, Lucas's website
Nonsense Arts Team
Nicolás Recabarren Da Dalt
Programmer, Game Designer, Artist
Musician, Sound Design