Based in Mendoza, Argentina
June 2, 2012
Press / Business contact:
ETHEREAL is a profound experience for PC and Mac that carries players into an unknown and mysterious world surrounded by carefully designed puzzles.
ETHEREAL is a profound experience (nominated to IGF 2019 for its audio and sound design) where you have to find your way within an intricate and abstract series of levels, using different kinds of mechanics that allows you to modify the environment or the direction of your character movement. Each corner of its world has been carefully designed to communicate without any text and expose a novel puzzle to solve without time pressure, evoking an introspective state of mind.
The game debuted as part of the selected group of Humble Original games, published by Humble Bundle on September Humble Monthly, 2018.
And was launched on Steam, Humble Store and itch.io on march 7, 2019.
Developed by Nicolás Recabarren and Tomás Batista, from Nonsense Arts, an indie game studio from Argentina.
ETHEREAL - Humble Original Trailer YouTube
Need more pictures? If you have specific requests, please do contact us
Need more gifs? If you have specific requests, please do contact us
Awards & Recognition
- "Finalist - Excellence in Audio" - Independent Games Festival 2019
- "Special Selection - Anthology Biennial Kosice" - ETHEREAL was selected among previous works of all Kosice biennials for an special Anthology on 2018
- "Winner - Best Audio" - Brazilian's Independent Games Festival 2017 (BIG Festival)
- "Finalist - Best Latin American Game" - Brazilian's Independent Games Festival 2017 (BIG Festival)
- "Finalist - Best Desktop/Downloadable" - Game Connection America 2017 - Development Awards
- "Finalist - Best Hardcore Game" - Game Connection America 2017 - Development Awards
- "Finalist - Most Promising IP" - Game Connection America 2017 - Development Awards
- "Finalist - Most Creative and Original" - Game Connection America 2017 - Development Awards
- "Finalist - Best Quality of Art" - Game Connection America 2017 - Development Awards
- "Finalist - Best Indie Game" - Game Connection America 2017 - Development Awards
- "Special Mention - Biennial Kosice" - ETHEREAL was the first videogame on getting this kind of prize in this latin american event focused on digital and technological art - 2016
- "Second Best Project" - ETHEREAL won second place in EVA 2016, at "My first published videogame" organized by ADVA
- "Best Game - Finalist" - ETHEREAL was "Best Game of the Year" finalist at Meet The Game 2016 organized by Gamedia
- "10 Most Promising Games from Argentina" - ETHEREAL was selected among 9 other titles as the most promising games from Argentina in EVA 2015
- "A visual statement of art in videogames"
- Roque Rey Ordoñez, Coffee Powered Machine
- "I was really pleasantly surprised by the game"
- William Chyr, Manifold Garden's website
- "The mechanics are great and the watercolor visuals are very nice"
- Lucas Pope, Lucas's website
- "What a lovely series of dings, chimes, and even scrapes..."
- Jay Castello, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "It's hypnotic, and everything in its series of levels has a corresponding noise, which makes it feel reactive..."
- Samuel Horti, PC Gamer
- "ETHEREAL takes the player through a complex, puzzle-filled place without words, teaching them through its colorful visuals, peaceful goals, and thoughtful mechanisms..."
- Joel Couture, Gamasutra
- "ETHEREAL is a thoughtful, quirky puzzle that relies on simple yet beautiful artwork to craft a complex puzzle..."
- Travis Scoundrel, Nerds and Scoundrels
- "Playing this game felt like I was meditating. It calms you down and makes you tackle interesting and stimulating challenges..."
- July Vachev, Indie Focused Game News
- "ETHEREAL is a very competent, well designed puzzle game..."
- Jason Quinn, Operation Rainfall
- "Un juego necesario para todos los que sepan disfrutar de los puzzles..."
- Mer Grazzini, PressOver News
- "Me atrevo a decir que la mayoría de los jugadores que se acerquen a Ethereal, van a terminar dándole una oportunidad..."
- Florencia Orsetti, Malditos Nerds
Randomise User YouTube
Hugh C. Mitchell YouTube
THE LAST GAME YouTube
Nonsense Arts Team
Nicolás Recabarren Da Dalt
Programmer, Game Designer, Artist
Musician, Sound Design